Saturday, June 4, 2011

My caffein thoughts



"My old man's body is having trouble with my twenty-something lifestyle".
"Stop calling yourself that. You're not old".
"I am exhausted".
"You need to get more rest. Maybe you need to slow down a bit".
"I know when it's my time to die, it'd be a quick one. But at least I'd die very happy".

What he said made me thinking. Why did I tell him that he needed to slow down? Maybe I said that because of my own insecurity. I'm not in a position to say such a thing. After all, he's happy with his life, so keep doing what you are doing. Maybe I'm the one who needs to speed up. Nothing is for granted. Life is too short, and we all need to live it the best way we can.

Do you ever ask yourself 'why I'm doing what I am doing'? What defines happiness? What is a meaningful life? Why are we doing all these? Questions after questions with variety of answers. We all came to this world 9 months (or maybe less) after mum and dad's 'yari yara'. They gave us this thing called 'life' with an expiry date.

"Skype"?
"Sure"!
"What's up"?
"I feel like shit again. Insomnia is back. I can't stop thinking".
"What's wrong"?
"I've lost direction, again. Ok, maybe not a direction. I think I have to reevaluate my life. I have to remind myself of why I'm doing all these and where I'm heading".

Here you go. This is your life. It's in your hand. But sometimes it gets out of hand. But its leash still is in your hand. It's up to you to pull it back towards yourself. You're the one who's in charge. To me life is like a dog. It responds to the way you treat it. It's a reaction of your action. Have you ever seen a typical lady dog-owner who is trying to stop her dog from baking at others. "Sweetie, stop barking", says the lady in a gentle voice. But the dog with no reaction to her request is still barking his ass off. Who's in charge here?

There are so many paths in front of us. And we get to choose one and new paths open up in front of us. Yes, some of us are more privileged than the others. But still that doesn't mean anything. There's no such a thing as luck. Your life, your success, your failure , your misery, your happiness are all based on your decisions you're making, and the paths you're choosing in your life. And it's sad to watch those sitting on their ass, doing nothing, living on welfare, and waiting for some miracle to happen. 3 words: there's no miracle. Miracle is a fancy word religious folks use to manipulate their audience. Ok brain, don't get distracted with other stuff! What I am trying to say here is that nothing is going to happen if there's no action. Nobody is going to save you. You're your only savior. Look in the mirror. Who do you see? It's you!

I'm at my favourite Starbucks in my favourite quiet corner where I'm being inspired to write this crap on life. But I really believe in it. So, Miss. Bahar! It's time to speed up. So move faster. And don't stop. Learn from the people around you. It's time for action. First on your agenda, finish working on your damn exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment